Microblading is a way of semi-permanent make-up, where through manual process of inserting pigment into the upper layers of skin we create the desired fullness and shape of the eyebrows. The effects last up to 12 months after which the pigment fades leaving the skin and your natural brows exactly as they were. Result looks natural and flawless as hair effect is recreated on the skin.
The Microblading Technique is performed manually without the use of a machine and produces a very natural looking result. During this manual technique, the pigment is applied with a pencil tool that has a fixed small blade with many disposable needles. The needles are 3x thinner than the needles used for permanent machines. An effect of extremely fine and natural looking hair strokes is achievable. The thick plant- based pigment is used that does not change color but slowly fades over time. Making corrections is easy and is very easy to apply over old washed out permanent eyebrow make-up eyebrow (with bleaching pigment/solution). Treatment takes about 2 hours. Must be 18 years of age.
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- Absolutely NO alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before. No exceptions.
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
- No brow waxing, tinting, microdermabrasion or chemical peels one week before.
- Discontinue Retin-A 4 Weeks Prior.
- Do not use AHA skincare products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after your procedure.
- No Botox around the brow area 2 weeks prior.
- Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Day of procedure: continually blot any excess fluid that may surface. Let brows rest.
- Do not let any water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch your eyebrows until flaking has finished.
- You may begin applying your aftercare balm in a very light layer 72 hours post procedure. This is the only product that should touch your brows during healing.
- Your brows will start to peel within a few days after your appointment. Expect this process to last up to two weeks, in some cases longer. Do not pick or peel your brows.
- Do not be alarmed if it appears that most of the color is flaking off. This is the superficial color and is part of the natural healing process. Your brows may appear softer and greyer until the color clarifies. Entire healing process will take from 4-6 weeks depending on your body regeneration and age. Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
- Some areas may look pink around the pigment; this is normal and will fade over time.
- Eyebrows will require continued moisturizing. Keeping the pigmented skin moist will control the amount drying. This will help with color retention and itching.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Do not show up with a coffee or a soda in your hand.
- Please wear your makeup as usual so we can get an idea of where your comfort zone is with color and shape. We will then proceed to take you through a series of measurements which will be the guidelines to your template; addressing symmetry and shape.
- Please be well hydrated and eat a light meal.
- You will forfeit your deposit and need to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have not followed our Pre Care Instructions
- Arrive with a sunburn on your face
- Arrive to the salon sick with a viral or bacterial infection
In the instance you are ill, please call the salon as soon as possible to reschedule.
- Do not be alarmed during peeling. Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after recovery period (peeling), brows might appear lighter than original. This might give you the impression that color is fading too quickly. Often even with proper care, clients may lose original hair strokes which make brows look uneven. It is absolutely normal. Your results cannot be considered until 6-8 weeks after healing. It’s okay to heal unevenly. This is why every client requires two sessions, minimum.
- Do not get your brows wet until the exfoliating has finished.
- No makeup on your brows until they’re done peeling. No exceptions.
- No steamy showers, no tanning bed, no swimming, no sweating. No exceptions.
- No working out until healing is finished. No exceptions.
- Keep your face away from the showerhead during healing.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach and sides during healing.
- Avoid the brow area with any products containing retinol, glycolic acid, anti-aging and anti-acne ingredients for the life of your tattoo.
- No itching or picking! Your brows may itch during healing. Tap them, don’t scratch them! If you compromise the pigment, you can cause scarring and color loss.
- Keep your brows moisturized post-healing. Pigmented skin looks much prettier when hydrated.
- Wear a hat if you’re in the sun. The sun will cause fading to the pigmented area resulting in a grey tint. Always wear sunblock on your eyebrows.
- Do not touch brows or surrounding area for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours keep the brow area clean by using a gentle fragrance-free cleanser and water with freshly washed hands morning and night (2x/day). Do not use a washcloth or sponge and clean area by moving in the direction of the hair growth.
- Allow eyebrows to air dry before applying a thin layer of Primp’s special aftercare serum.
- Apply a very thin layer of the aftercare serum given (for the amount of days recommended by your artist) with freshly washed hands or a Q tip. <<Do not apply Vaseline, Petrolium, A & D ointments or Bepanthen to the area as the risk of infection is very high>>
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, pool (chlorine is irritating), sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 3 weeks.
- Avoid physical effort, gym and any other activity that may cause excessive sweating for at least 5 and up to 14 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for two weeks.
- NO Botox around the brow area for two weeks after.
- NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- After 14 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading. (At least SPF 30, if not 50)
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A close to brow area.